Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Current Favorite Social Media Platform


2015 has ushered in a few changes for me. The main one being my outlook on life and anything that can affect it negatively, i.e. social media, negative people and unhealthy living. Recently, I deleted my Facebook account, shocking, I know. It wasn't so much that it was having a negative affect on my life but it was an amazingly huge waste of time, the posts were never ending and I felt to OCD about making sure I was up to date on everything that everyone was posting. It had to stop. The second I hit that delete account button, I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders. Following that I decided to also delete my Tumblr account. Same principle. Don't get me wrong, I love tumblr but I could spend hours on that sight and not even realize it, not exactly what you'd call healthy. So, it had to go as well.







Now, my main social media outlets consist of twitter, instagram, snapchat and youtube. Of those that I've been using the one that I've been using the most is: Twitter. It's so simple. Post a tweet or post a millon, or just retweet inspirational or funny posts that you enjoy. You can find inspirational accounts to follow that will fill your timeline with motivation and it's so easy to block out any form of negativity. And you can control exactly how much content you see. I also love using it to promote myself, obviously as a youtuber and blogger, as well as promoting others.





I definitely think scaling down which social media I use had a positive affect on me. I spend less time posting, less time scrolling and have more time to do more productive things. Writing blog posts, filming and editing. I've really been enjoying it and can't wait to see how it furthers my success in the future, if at all.




What are your favorite social media platforms this year?


Thanks for reading,

xoxo Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment