Saturday, November 08, 2014

A NEW PERSPECTIVE




Wow, I haven't updated my blog since May? 
Well, I guess I'd better let you guys know what I've been up to in my hiatus. There will be a video uploaded to my channel soon with the same purpose as this blog post but I figured I'd get back into the habit of updating you here as well.
Can't hurt, right?


I lost my car back in the beginning of July and bought a new one toward the end of August. It's an SUV which has been quite an adjustment but despite a few minor bumps its been great so far. It's not great on gas but it's spacious, a nice color, silver, and isn't the worst car I've ever driven.

You may not already know this but my last job was at a private preschool and was not the best fit for me. Being an assistant teacher of 4 year olds wasn't sitting well with me mentally, emotionally or financially so I knew a change was needed. I have since had the opportunity to switch my career path and was presented with a job in data entry, working with e-filing legal cases. Having an office job has been a welcomed change of pace and I've learned so many new skills that I can add to my resume and in only three weeks! I look forward to where this could possibly take me in the future.

As my original reason for starting this blog, I don't feel opposed to sharing with you that I suffer from depression and anxiety. I started this channel as a way to cope as well as a way to document my progression in my journey. My ultimate goal is to love myself 100%, discover coping skills, and to be happy with where ever I am in life. With that said I've decided to seek professional help and have come to the realization that that is nothing to be ashamed of. I know a therapist can't solve all my problems but helping with behavioral and cognitive practices will be a vital part of learning to fully love and accept who I am and to not need others to validate my self worth.

With all of that information overload out of the way, I want to talk about the direction I want to take my YouTube channel and blog in and also my upload schedule. It is my goal, starting out, to have a video up every Saturday. I've yet to decide on a blog post schedule but most of my video should come with a corresponding blog post as well as any major and some minor events in my life. As I become accustom to the schedule that could be like to change but no promises.

As far as what direction to take my channel/blog in...I want to keep that open. I want my channel/blog to have variation, I don't want to be boxed in. I want to reach a broad audience and help a whole spectrum of people with any number of things, not just fashion or beauty or dreadlocks or depression. So, for now we're keeping things open and soon I'll get a feel for what I have a knack for and what you guys respond to and we'll go from there.

Hope you guys are doing well. If you like, you can leave a comment down below letting me know of any resolutions you've made to cope with what you're going through. I'd love to read it. Thanks you guys so much for reading, I can't thank you enough. See you next time. 


Lyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment