Wednesday, May 28, 2014

E.L.F. HAUL + REVIEW

In the world of YouTube, it's customary to stumble upon the masses raving about new trends, styles and items haute off the shelf. This often leads to quite a bit of silent envy and coveting which can end in a shopping splurge. I, suffice it to say, am a victim of this sudden fascination and the products coveted products were none other than:
e.l.f. Cosmetics: Makeup + Brush Set








My crazed man-hunt for affordable, durable quality brushes has ended thanks to all the YouTuber recommendations of e.l.f.'s brush line. Not only does Eyes Lips Face offer an extensive variety of brushes, from special edition to essentials, but they make the entire range extremely affordable. I got my brushes for $3 or less EACH. My brushes are simple, matte black with white lettering and are so soft, I couldn't even begin to explain. They apply your makeup smoothly for a flawless finish and don't soak up too much product. I started off my collection with the Studio Powder brush and the Studio Blush brush, after falling in love with the pair I returned to my local Target to purchase the Studio Complexion brush (not pictured), my favorite of the bunch. The last brush I added to my collection was the Essentials Eye Shadow brush. As I have yet to master the skill of applying eye shadow this brush is my least used, but it's quality is no less great then the aforementioned.

My review of this particular the Studio Blush is short and sweet. I purchased this blush in mellow mauve which is shimmery and not pigmented at all. Not the color blush I would recommend for dark or tan skin. Or anyone really... This blush review does end on a happy note however, since at a family BBQ, a cousin pulled out her e.l.f. blush in pink passion and when applied to my face, showed up very pigmented. I will be purchasing it to replace the mellow mauve soon!

I never feel like it's enough to set my liquid foundation with a powder. I'm left wanting to seal in the entire look to make sure it stays in place four hours no matter what I'm doing. From watching YouTube videos I discovered a makeup setting mist that you can spray over the entire face. I was excited but that left the question of where to find a good one. So when I found e.l.f.'s Makeup Mist & Set you better believe I was hooked! It works like a dream. No smudging, no fading, no fuss! Just spray, go and your makeup stays put all night. I am absolutely in love with it!

This Baked Bronzer had less that desirable results for me. As with the blush, it's not pigmented, it shimmers and doesn't show up on darker skin tones. I'm not sure if it not my color or if every shade is like this but I was not a fan of this. Sorry, e.l.f.!

Surprisingly, my least favorite item from the e.l.f. haul was the one I was looking forward to the most. Their Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter was highly lack luster. The concealer is a watery texture, not like the thick concealers I'm used to. I feel that it ruins the foundation I'm already wearing a dries out my skin. If there was anything I'd recommend to e.l.f., it would be to adjust the formula of their concealers. Not to mention, the highlighter end of this duo was also disappointing. Instead of adding a subtle shimmer/highlight to my cheek, nose and forehead I turned into a shimmery silver monster in the sunlight. Not flattering at all. On dark skin or anyone that I can think of. Do not recommend.

All in all, I am in love with e.l.f. Cosmetics and though I will definitely look into other brand names, this will definitely be my go to brand for a while. I can't wait try most of their super affordable products in the future!


XOXO, Lyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment