Friday, December 12, 2014

Everyday Staples





A good basic mascara to have would be the CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara ($7). It’s nothing mind blowing but it will give your lashes a bit of volume for a subtle, fuller look.


Though I may be fully committed to my cream eyeliner it’s always good to have a good eyeliner pencil to fall back on. At the moment that would be the N.Y.C. Automatic Eyeliner Pencil ($7). I like to work this in along my water line and tight line before I do my wing, to complete my eye makeup. Most day I like to wear it alone as it’s way faster and I’m very, very lazy.




For days when I want to add a little oomph to my every day look I throw on a bit of my N.Y.C. Liquid Eyeliner ($3) for a quick wing. I stopped using this, again discovering cream liner, but picked it up recently and remembered why I once loved it. The color, application and lasting power are all amazing.


This lip product is the Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural ($20) in N9 which is a lovely coppery pink shade which is the perfect nude for me.  This I received as a part of a birthday gift from Sephora where I got both a lip and mascara sample from Makeup Forever. I love wearing this to work as no one usually notices I’m wearing anything at all. You could say it’s one of those “my lips but better” type of colors.




I have been searching high and low for a blusher that has an orange tone to it as I’ve been told it can be highly flattering on women of color and I hadn’t been able to find anything close until I came across this Wet N Wild Color Icon Blusher ($3) in Mellow Wine. It’s a orangey-coral that I have been wearing non-stop since I purchased it. Throw on a hint of this to add a bit of life to those cheeks and it’s exactly when the doctor ordered for an everyday blush. I have this blusher in Heather Silk, a pretty deep pink color that I hardly ever touch now that I've found this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment