Friday, December 05, 2014

5 Things: Winter Beauty Picks







To get the ball rolling, I’m starting off my winter picks with a new essential. It may seem ordinary but Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm ($3) has been my most reached for lip product during the colder months. It keeps my lips moisturized without feeling sticky and it  is surprisingly long lasting. It comes in multiple shades; my favorites being Soothing Sorbet, a sheer berry shade and Too Cool, a clear gloss. I’d been looking for an alternative to the EOS lip balm for a long time as it always left my lips a bit too greasy and Baby Lips has been so amazing, I’m still not done being impressed by this product.




Another product I know I’ll be throwing in the makeup bag during the winter months is the e.l.f. Neutral Eyeshadow Compact ($6). Normally I wouldn’t go anywhere near shimmer makeup with a ten foot pole but thing have definitely changed now. These six neutral shimmer shades are easy to work with, blendable and wearable with practically any look. You can go subtle or smoky and with a good shadow primer this palette will stick around all day or night long.





Now this one I have been DYING to tell you about. I’ve been eyeing this little number for months, literally. When it came time to purchase it I put it on as soon as an opportunity presented itself and all I have to say is that it DELIVERS. Yes, my much loved Volum' Express The Mega Plush Mascara ($6) is about as close to perfect as you can get with a drugstore mascara. It’s both lengthening, volumizing and is highly buildable. I have it in the shade extremely black which I love, love, love. All in all, this mascara gets 5 out of 5 stars, which I’ve only ever given to one other drugstore mascara before. 





My newest beauty fixation almost didn’t happen. I’d always been told that cream eyeliner was the best and easiest way to rock liner but I had always put off trying it until a week ago. e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner ($3) is now my most recommended eyeliner product for beginners because it honestly is one of the easiest eyeliner I’ve ever used. I still use my pencils for my tight line and water line but cream eyeliner plus an angled eyeliner brush are the tools for a flawless winged liner look. Whoa, try saying that five times fast.





Last but a far cry from least is my Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain ($10) in Parisian Passion.  I spent the better part of November looking for a dark vampy lip color and my prayers were answered when I found this.  It’s affordable and can be found at your local drugstore. A dark berry color that’s super buildable. Since it is a stain and not a gloss, it isn’t sticky. The color goes on a tad glossy then it locks in so the color hangs around ALL DAY. No joke. This isn’t going anywhere until you decide it’s time to take it off. I only ever have to re-apply after eating, even then it barely requires a full coat. I la-la-love this product and I know you will too.


So that wraps up my winter beauty picks. I loved sharing them with you and now I want to hear from you. What beauty items are currently in your rotation? Leave a comment below sharing your winter beauty picks.



-xoLyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment